This episode is dedicated to Domenico DeFazio (1948-2021)
To close out the year, we are proud to look back on our archives and present once again, our radio adaptation of Frank Capra’s “It’s a Wonderful Life”.
We apologize for being absent for the past couple of months. We had a death in our immediate family. My stepdad, Domenico DeFazio passed away unexpectedly while on a business trip in Italy. We thought that it would be fitting to dedicate this episode to him.
Mimmo played the character of Martini the bartender in this radio play of “It’s a Wonderful Life”. We originally released this exactly 10 years ago back on episode 66. This is perhaps one of our most elaborate radio plays we ever made for SmorgShow Theater. Listening back to this now warms our hearts, particularly given the number of friends and family members who came together to make this production possible.
Mimmo, you certainly had a wonderful life. We love you.
- Chris Bockay – George Bailey
- Ally Bockay – Narrator, The Bailey Kids, Tilly, Mrs. Hatch
- Kim Bockay – Mary Hatch-Bailey
- Geoff Wells – Clarence
- Dave Jackson – Joseph, Burt the Cop, Nick the Bartender, Bridgekeeper
- Jerry Malauskas – Mr. Potter
- Daryl Woltman – Mr. Gower, Uncle Billy
- Chase Woltman – Young George Bailey
- Peet McCain – Harry Bailey
- Baba Gonesh – Ernie the Cab Driver
- Domenico DeFazio – Martini
- Terrylynn DeFazio – Ma Bailey
- Larry Coon – Peter Bailey
- Joe Personality – Sam Wainwright