Subscribe to Our Blog
Socialize With Us
- Smorgasbord Buffet Bites: The Real Cause of Elvis’ Death
- 147 SmorgShow Podcast (08.06.22) – Live from the Carlisle (Part One)
- 146 SmorgShow Podcast (07.23.22) – Roadtrip!
- 145 SmorgShow Podcast (07.09.22) – Old Men and Their Aches
- 144 SmorgShow Podcast (06.25.22) – The Ceiling Fan Suicides and India’s Culture of Death
- Baba Blog (21)
- Baba Podcast (9)
- Geoffrey Gleason Tech Guy (6)
- News (54)
- Our History (1980s-2000s) (10)
- Phillip Donald (8)
- Remote Broadcasts (13)
- SmorgSongs (20)
- SmorgTV (1)
- Sponsors (12)
- The Podcast (192)
- Where's Tisha? (11)
Listen on Stitcher Radio!
Category Archives: Episodes 121-140
As we approach the 40-year anniversary of the Smorgasbord Radio show, we will occasionally dig deep into our vast programming archives and present them again for our listeners’ enjoyment.
This week, we go back across many early episodes from 2010 to pull together a string of clips showcasing the launch and journey of Baba Gonesh’s Indian restaurant, Baba’s Village. It was not a smooth ride for our dear friend as you will remember. Soon thereafter, many 1-star reviews were posted on the internet by customers, which we read in full detail on Episode 22. However, Baba quickly recovered from the negative publicity by implementing new operational procedures and a few staff shakeups. But it wasn’t long thereafter when the SmorgShow Hotline received a cease and desist warning from the owner of a nearby restaurant of the same name. The owner thought that we were slandering his restaurant by reading the poor reviews. Given the similarity in name, to this day we will never know whose bad reviews it was! To avoid a lawsuit, Baba ultimately relaunched his eating establishment under the new name of ‘The Hidden Palace: A Taste of Baba’.
It was off to the races at this point – Baba’s restaurant recovered nicely and became very successful – until six months later when his establishment became victim to a terrorist attack! Baba’s reactions to all of these setbacks are on full display.
What is great about this episode is that we pull the entire story together that transpired over many weeks into a single episode, so now it reads like an epic play!
We break away from our usual program format on this special episode.
For those new to our podcast, we have something special lined up for you. This is taken from our archives, exactly 10 years ago when Chris and Ally honored the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.
Now, 110 years after that fateful day, we are ‘re-airing’ the content from episode 74.
Sit back and close your eyes and imagine what it was like to be on the “unsinkable”, when 1500 souls were lost on April 15, 1912.
Jerome Malauskas co-hosts this episode with Chris
As Chris begins thinking about retiring to Texas in the not-too-distant future, he starts throwing away boxes of memories from his crawlspace. Chris finds an old playbill of a play that Jerry performed in back in the late 1980’s. We discuss Jerry’s thespian days.
Topics on this episode:
MSNBC Opt-Ed suggests that if you exercise and focus on remaining healthy and fit, you just might be a Nazi!
Man with ALS receives a state-of-the art brain implant and communicates his first words in many months by ordering a beer!
The Rise of the Autosexual: clips from an interview where Ghia becomes engaged to marry herself.
Chief Conspiracy Correspondent (CCC) Jerome Malauskas is back in the studio after his courageous battle with COVID-19!
A catch-up on all the latest news around the world:
- Justin Trudeau humiliated in front of the European Parliament by German member Christine Anderson.
- President Biden predicts a ‘real’ food shortage in the U.S.
- SCOTUS nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson cannot define what a ‘Woman’ is.
Baba Gonesh brings a new installation of ‘Breaking Baba News’ to this week’s episode. The airing of this clip is a few months late and follows the settlement of his contract dispute with SmorgShow Productions. The Prophesies of Baba Vanga: Clairvoyant Bulgarian Baba Vanga’s Predictions for 2022 –> are they coming to fruition?
Original SmorgShow Podcast Co-Host, Ally joins Chris in the studio again for this episode.
This week we discuss how the dating scene has changed between Millennials and Gen-Xers. Chris shares his personal experience with a 1980’s video dating service.
International News Correspondent, Baba Gonesh ushers in Holi 2022 with his exclusive beauty and fashion tips for celebrating the holiday properly.
Original SmorgShow Podcast Co-Host, Ally is back this week while Chief Conspiracy Correspondent Jerome Malauskas recovers from the ‘Vid’!
Not to be upstaged by 90-Day Fiancé star Stephanie Matto and her fart-in-a-jar business that we discussed in depth on Episode 133, now we learn that MTV’s Teen Mom Farrah Abraham announces that she will be selling her own poop in a jar. When will the narcissistic madness end?
Also, a Canadian woman is terrified when she learns that she has been transporting a naked man in her trunk before discovering him 3 days later.
In honor of St. Valentine’s Day, Chris and Jerry celebrate the SmorgShow tradition of ‘Palentine’s Day‘. This is a guy’s guide to hanging out with other guys. We discuss the etiquette, recommended setting, and several ideas for male bonding.
Also, a new study finds that wearing masks is attractive to the opposite sex.
Happy 12th Anniversary to the SmorgShow Podcast!
We discuss reality TV star Stephanie Matto’s short-lived business venture of selling her farts in a jar.
After making nearly $200,000 off her ‘product’, she lands herself in the hospital.
Also, the renovation plans to turn the Notre Dame Cathedral into a woke Disneyland-Style Theme Park.
So Long 2021 – Hello 2022!
On this last episode of the year, Chris is joined with Ally and son-in-law Thomas to close out 2021 and ring in 2022.
We look back on the highs and lows of the year in quiz form. Chris tests Ally and Thomas’s knowledge on the year’s culture, woke and political news.
Also, a big announcement concerning the plans for the SmorgShow Podcast in 2022.
This episode is dedicated to Domenico DeFazio (1948-2021)
To close out the year, we are proud to look back on our archives and present once again, our radio adaptation of Frank Capra’s “It’s a Wonderful Life”.
We apologize for being absent for the past couple of months. We had a death in our immediate family. My stepdad, Domenico DeFazio passed away unexpectedly while on a business trip in Italy. We thought that it would be fitting to dedicate this episode to him.
Mimmo played the character of Martini the bartender in this radio play of “It’s a Wonderful Life”. We originally released this exactly 10 years ago back on episode 66. This is perhaps one of our most elaborate radio plays we ever made for SmorgShow Theater. Listening back to this now warms our hearts, particularly given the number of friends and family members who came together to make this production possible.
Mimmo, you certainly had a wonderful life. We love you.
- Chris Bockay – George Bailey
- Ally Bockay – Narrator, The Bailey Kids, Tilly, Mrs. Hatch
- Kim Bockay – Mary Hatch-Bailey
- Geoff Wells – Clarence
- Dave Jackson – Joseph, Burt the Cop, Nick the Bartender, Bridgekeeper
- Jerry Malauskas – Mr. Potter
- Daryl Woltman – Mr. Gower, Uncle Billy
- Chase Woltman – Young George Bailey
- Peet McCain – Harry Bailey
- Baba Gonesh – Ernie the Cab Driver
- Domenico DeFazio – Martini
- Terrylynn DeFazio – Ma Bailey
- Larry Coon – Peter Bailey
- Joe Personality – Sam Wainwright
An old SmorgShow Podcast tradition returns in this episode. Move over Octoberfest because Spookfest ’21 is here with Chris running things solo once again.
To contribute to the thrills and chills, Chris delivers a couple of dramatic readings that will shake you to your core.
Baba Gonesh reports Breaking Baba News from Delhi, India where the evil monkeys are at it again. This time a money kills a man with a brick.
After many years, New Artist of the Week returns with a submission received via the SmorgShow Podcast listener feedback mailbox. Songwriter Dominic Dema shares ‘Afraid’, a song about vulnerability. It’s about finding the strength to face our fears but also admitting that we are afraid and need help. It is an anthem for the downtrodden and broken. Dominic’s song and other works can be found on all major music platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Pandora, etc.).
To close out the show we provide a very simple explanation of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency.
Dramatic Readings are taken from the writings of S.E. Schlosser.
Jerry Malauskas returns to the studio for this long overdue installment of the SmorgShow Podcast. On this episode, we opine on the following:
- Chris turns 55!
- Ally’s wedding was a success! We reflect back on the special day.
- Baba News with Baba Gonesh recorded from his Chennai studio: Rajasthan man who was honey-trapped has been arrested on charges of spying for Pakistan, telling investigators that his greed for nude photos made him leak sensitive military information. Also, a travel update for those attending the Oktoberfest in India.
- Oktoberfest 2021 – The festivities in Munich may have been canceled for a second straight year, but Chris and Jerry celebrate the beer festival in the customary SmorgShow way. Jerry takes the German history quiz. Prost!
- Current Events and Cancel Culture Catch-Up: Jerry transforms into Jerome the CCC (Chief Conspiracy Correspondent) and we catch up on the latest news regarding inflation fears, supply shortages and the coming apocalypse. But hey, by this time in the program the beers have kicked in so we are either lighthearted about it or just full of crap! Cheers!
On this abbreviated episode, Chris provides an update on Ally’s wedding less than 48 hours before the big day.
The SmorgShow Gang has taken a brief hiatus while we make preparations for Ally’s big day. The podcast will resume its traditional format in October once things get back to normal!
For the first time in over a year, Ally returns to the studio to co-host this very special father-daughter episode with Chris.
Chris and Ally catch up on her life since graduating college, leaving home and supporting herself, starting her own business, and planning for her upcoming wedding.
Baba Gonesh returns with his final installment of his wedding planner series. In this installment, Baba discusses the 7 Hindu wedding vows.
Finally, the long-awaited interview with Phillip Donald is here! Phillip is back in our studio to promote his new album, “Break Loose”. On the first stop of his promotional tour, Chris and Ally ask Phillip all the tough questions including what really happened on that day that sent him to prison.
Independence Day 2021 – Are we really free and independent? Chief Conspiracy Correspondent (CCC) Jerome Malauskas returns to the SmorgShow studio to opine.
With most of the country opening up in time for the Fourth of July holiday, a new fear campaign has started around the Delta variant. We discuss a poll taken of Americans on whether they want government action.
Baba Gonesh, Wedding Planner: Installment #2: FAQs on Hindu Wedding traditions.
Other Features/Discussion Topics:
- Phillip Donald releases new single ‘Uber Friend’.
- Long-Awaited Classified UFO Info released by Feds.
- Cancel Culture: Violent and Identity-Based Language.
- A tale of two musicians: Bruce Springsteen is back on Broadway, but only performing to those who have been vaccinated. Meanwhile Eric Clapton reveals his experience with the vaccine and his fears around never playing guitar again.
- An update on Ally‘s upcoming wedding.
Phillip Donald ‘Uber Friend’ – The New Single is Now Available!
After a nearly 6-month absence from the show, original Smorgasbord Radio show co-host Dave Jackson returns to the studio.
Chris decides to take advantage of Dave’s return by dialing the rhetoric back a bit from where the show has gone in recent episodes. Jerome Malauskas has taken his responsibilities of Chief Conspiracy Correspondent (CCC) seriously and as a result, the SmorgShow was starting to go into territory we strongly resisted for many years. Hence, the rather benign episode title, “Coffee with Chris and Dave”. We have shelved the whiskey in favor of our favorite brew so it is safe to get the family together and gather around your listening device of choice.
With Ally’s wedding just 90 days out, Chris has started to panic about writing the perfect Father of the Bride speech. Here, we discuss essential elements of a perfect speech and the top gaffes to avoid. Is Chris up to the challenge?
Baba Gonesh takes a break from his duties of International News Correspondent and taps into his wealth of knowledge of Hindu customs and traditions with the first of 3 installments of ‘Baba Wedding’. In this first installment, Baba addresses the #1 asked question submitted to him through our feedback hotline, “What is up with India and the arranged marriage?”
Finally, Chris and Dave head to the local cafe to have a hot brew and to discover the specific personalities associated with each type of coffee.
Phillip Donald reveals his new album cover along with the titles of the songs for is forthcoming album, “Break Loose: Songs for a COVID World” .
Finally, resident technology expert Geoffrey Gleason discusses ways to stay safe online.
This could have easily been a two-part episode but we decided to pack it all into this single episode given the timely nature of the topics.
Chief Conspiracy Correspondent Jerome Malauskas joins Chris again to co-host this episode.
It’s a crazy world out there and we are frantically trying to keep up. Topics this week include:
- Ally finally has her college graduation ceremony 18 months after graduating, but Chris finds the campus ground zero for wokeness.
- Evangelism at Binny’s Liquor Store.
- Canadian Pastor Artur Pawlowski banishes police from his church after they try to break up Passover/Easter worship services. Three weeks later they arrest him on the open highway.
- Jerry is the first contestant on “Name that Tongue“.
- Baba Gonesh reports Breaking Baba News from Delhi as India experiences a new wave of COVID-19 and bodies wash up from the Ganges River.
- New CDC guidelines are announced, so what’s next as worldwide skepticism over vaccinations grows?
- Introducing the “Immunaband” – a COVID vaccine wrist band. Could it happen here?
- Van Morrison is blacklisted following the new release of his new album that targets the corporate media, social media and millennial culture.
- After the Colonial Pipeline cyber attack. US Government issues warning against filling plastic bags with gasoline during the gas shortage or should we say “crunch” or “hiccup”?
- Jeopardy winner accused of flashing white power sign after a string of wins.
Chief Conspiracy Correspondent (CCC) Jerry Malauskas joins Chris in the studio to co-host this episode.
This Episode’s Discussion Topics:
- Pastor Stewart-Allen Clark from First Baptist Church in Malden, MO takes a leave of absence after preaching about the importance of having an attractive wife and that women need to practice “weight control”.
- Anthony Luperini returns to the show to present his take on “The Good Wife’s Guide”, originally published in the pages of Housekeeping Monthly in May, 1955.
- Breaking Baba News: Cock-a-Doodle Death! Baba Gonesh reports from Punjab, India where a man has been stabbed to death in the groin by his own rooster during an illegal cockfight.
- Other Topics: One year after COVID-19 lockdowns, vaccinations and the Krispy Kreme incentive, and UFOs over military installations.
- New Philip Donald album cover reviewed.
Pastor Stewart-Allen Clark
takes leave of absence from First Baptist Church in Malden, MO after preaching on the importance of wives practicing weight control and staying attractive for their husbands. Otherwise they risk having their husbands looking elsewhere for their needs.
Chris is joined in the studio by Jerry Malauskas, Chief Conspiracy Correspondent (CCC), once again for another episode of the SmorgShow Podcast, now banned in Iran and Cuba!
Exciting Topics include:
- Ally’s Wedding Update
- Chris’s Detox Diet
- Decomposing a Twinkie
- Anal Coronavirus Tests
- Woka-Cola: Be Less White
- The New Genderless “Potato Head”
And as always, Baba Gonesh reports live from Punjab for another installment of “Breaking Baba News” – The India military is now deploying the world’s hottest pepper – the Bhut Jolokia – in its arsenal.
Who’s feeling down about saying goodbye to 2020? We know January 1 is just an arbitrary day and that things don’t magically change at the stroke of midnight, but there is something comforting about a fresh start. Let’s hope 2021 is better for all of us.
To start off the year, we invite back to the studio not one, but two former Smorgasbord Radio Show hosts – Dave Jackson and Jerry Malauskas…The first time since the lockdowns of 2020 began and we don’t care what Dr. Anthony Fauci or Illinois Governor JB Pritzker have to say about it.
This episode is a reflection back on the year (is it 2020 vision or 2020 hindsight?) – the lessons it taught us, and what we expect to see in the coming year.
Baba Gonesh is hopeful in travel resuming again in India soon and has invited the listeners to visit his homeland by offering up some of his favorite cities to celebrate the new year.
- Dawn Wells of Gilligan’s Island Dead from COVID-19 at age 82.
- Phillip Donald announces plans for his new album
- What is with Mark Zuckerberg allowing soft porn on his platforms?